On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 19:52:12 +0800, David Crayford wrote:

>Taking the p**s again Shane! ;-)

Sorry ? - what do you mean, "again".

>FWIW, Perl 6 seems to have smoothed out a lot of the rough edges.

Never having bothered with Perl, I attended a Linux conference in Canberra in
2005. Went to a Perl developers spiel out of interest. After the cognoscenti
had finished point-scoring, I asked if I should concentrate on learning the
(then) under development Perl 6, or start with 5.8
Given 6 would need a little while longer to be released it was decided 5.8
would be a good starter.

Good advice as it happened - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_6 if
interested.

Shane ...