Thanks Jon, this is the best explanation I've heard so far about why NOSUMMARY
doesn't suppress the NO SYMBOLS DROPPED message.

I'll have to give some serious thought to adding conditional logic to the
DROPSYM process.

The biggest problem I have is that majority of the symbols being dropped are of
a nature xxxx00000:xxxx99999 where the xxxx represents a prefix and the 00000
and 99999 are truly numbers, but could be 1, 2, 3, etc digits long making
checking for conditions awkward, not impossible.

I was hoping to avoid the overhead of calling IPCS to EVALSYM >= and <= to get
the range to drop.

Thanks to everyone who responded and to those who thought about it but didn't.

:)

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
CCG Information Technology
Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275