1. ADRDSSU used to turn off the changed bit after a volume backup by
default.  It has been changed to not be the default but can be
selected by a used.

2. Management class field Backup Required value no allows a dataset to
migrate before being backed up.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM, David G. Schlecht
<dschle...@admin.nv.gov> wrote:
> HSM is intermittently failing to backup new datasets. I suspect that
> someone/something is resetting the changed or archive bit on the dataset
> before HSM gets to it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can view the state of the changed bit on a dataset?
>
> Furthermore, I’m only guessing but I would hope that the bit is set to
> changed when the dataset is first created.
>

> David G. Schlecht | Information Technology Professional
> State of Nevada | Department of Administration | Enterprise IT Services
> T:(775)684-4328 | F: (775) 684‐4324 | E:dschle...@admin.nv.gov

> This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
> information and is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed. Any review, dissemination or copying of this communication by
> anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are
> not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> delete all copies of the original message.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA