On 11/17/2013 4:15 PM, Jose ADAUTO Ribeiro wrote:
Hi, Charles.

Thank you for your answer. I would like to complement my question:
the IXGBRWSE macro with REQUEST=READCURSOR (or READBLOCK) returns in
buffer area not only a record of SMF, but several of them, each one
preceded by a block of information. The first two bytes at the
beginning of the buffer contains the total size returned, followed by
two bytes set to zero (at least in dumps which I analyzed).

Normally an SMF record contains an SDW, followed by a record type and time stamp, followed by data. The standard mapping macros include these data. If you have an extra length field and zeroes, it may be a (pseudo) BDW. Several IBM services use a similar format (e.g., old IGGCSI00). If you have other data, it might help if you displayed them for us.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont