I took this out of an ASSEMBLER macro which checks for the
existence of a DD Name. The macro belongs to a large application system
which has its origins in the early 1970 years - which makes 40 years - and runs until today - and will run until 2020, at least - the last plan to shut it down at end 2016 was cancelled, because the follow-up system didn't meet the schedules so far. The old system was expanded and developed through the years, but the core engine stayed the same.

I'm well aware of the short path to PSATOLD; I am using this at several other places. Maybe I should change this old macro - because I am the maintainer now, I could
really do it.

Thank you, kind regards

Bernd