We have a new IBM DS8870 that I have to define to the IODF. We are going to
have (16) 2107 type LCU's controllers and about 3k total devices defined to
those 16 LCU's. We also have 16 FICON channels available to use, I was thinking
about defining 8 channels to each LCU.

We currently have 4 channels defined to each LCU on our existing Shark device.
We do not experience any IO delays or contention with this config.

My experience in this area as you can tell is a little limited. As far as
channels are concerned is the motto 'the more the merrier' apply here? Or
should I follow the existing standard of 4 channels to each LCU?  Any standard
to follow?

Thanks Matt