In article <p06240802cee6934cf57b@[192.168.1.11]>,
 Robert A. Rosenberg <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote:

> [Arthur C Clarke] also "invented"/predicted the synchronous satellite
> being used for communications. I saw a picture of him at a Science Fiction
> Convention wearing a T-Shirt which read "I invented the synchronous
> satellite and all I got was this T-Shirt" to make this point.

He not only predicted it (including pointing out the orbit it required to
function), he predicted that it would be used to allow sufficiently-wealthy
citizens to evade laws against pornography, and incidentally referred to
that predicted pornography targeting the four major sexes, implicitly
de-marginalizing homosexual men and homosexual women.