On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:56:29 +0100, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>Well, I grew up with RACF with no add-on product installed. Since time I
>mastered RACF I had no problem with lack of the option above. Note: in
>the past I frequently had requests like " define 20 users like JSMITH
>and 30 users like KOWALSKI" , etc.

Most of us have.  One of my consulting gigs many years ago was
really a RACF admin and I created model definitions for all the
different job functions so after I left all someone had to due was
basically go into a PDS member for the job function and change
xxxxxxx to the userid.   I also created some cleanup programs in
REXX.  I think one is on my web site / CBT (for deleting unused
userids and cleaning up their data sets).

However in a huge shop this is more of a problem. For example one of my
clients adds / changes / deletes hundreds or maybe even thousands of userids
in a week.   But they provision userids using software that interfaces with
RACF (they are in the process from switching to a new product for this
as well).   Usually sysprog IDs are defined manually by the RACF team.

I'm just surprised that RACF has never added a feature for this yet after
all these years.   Maybe Walt can comment if he is lurking.

ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com
Systems Programming expert at http://search390.techtarget.com/ateExperts/