In <52d98efa.50...@aim.com>, on 01/17/2014
   at 01:13 PM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>*But* leave enough header information (Date: and From:) as
>citation so the readercan refer to the full text of the cited
>article in the Archives.

Those that care about long established Internet conventions will use
an attribution line rather than pointlessly copying extraneous data.
Do you really believe that lines containing "Date:         Fri, 17 Jan
2014 13:13:46 -0700" amd "From: Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>"
are clearer than a single line containing "In
<paulgboul...@aim.com> said:"?

>(Shmuel will pay no attention.)

Why don't you speak for yourself? Shmuel paid enough attention to note
that you forgot about or were unaware of the Message-ID: header field.