From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Vernooij, CP (SPLXM) - KLM
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:00 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: System Symbols Question

If PL/I does this, it will probably be well understood by PL/I programmers,
but maybe not by others. Rexx has its own way, which will probably be well
understood by Rexx programmers, but maybe not by others.
System Symbol coders may belong to one or both of the above groups or to
none of them. So in this case it is safest to assume nothing and apply the
rules strictly, i.e. assign correctly or abend.

Kees.