In
<ofa6db1740.0ef7c5b4-on85257c6a.004925c8-85257c6a.0049b...@us.ibm.com>,
on 01/24/2014
   at 08:25 AM, Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> said:

>I don't disagree with your preference, but you are talking about
>changing  thousands or millions of lines of code, and likely creating
>significant  incompatibilities.

No, he is not talking about changing the behavior of existing code; he
is talking about changing the behavior of new code.

>The reality is that the choices lie between
>- changing nothing and
>- implementing what many customers (whether they voice their
>opinions on  IBM-Main or not) have asked us for, namely to give them
>the "rope" and  leave it to them to avoid doing something that
>"hurts".

That's a false dichotomy. The actual choice lies among

 - Changing nothing
 - Changing the behavior of the existing interface
 - Adding a new interface while retaining the old one.