On 30 Jan 2014 09:55:32 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Every single TSO user in my shop is assigned two ID's.  No one has ever asked
>for a third, but many people only use one of their assigned ID's.  We have
>never had an auditor ask us why we do this.  I don't know what productivity is
>gained by our applications programmers who use both, but I know we systems
>guys sometimes need to reply to a console message from one session to free up
>another session.

I had a systems programmer-id plus an applications id so that I could
test to make sure that an applications programmer had all the
appropriate access and only that access.  I can see two or more ids
for applications programmers to they can properly test their
applications from a user point of view.

Clark Morris