Does anyone still build VVDS datasets explicitly when initializing volumes?

I understand that the default allocation for a new VVDS is CYLS(10 10) which
saves me from having to rebuild the VVDS if it fills up.

What is everyone else doing with VVDS datasets? Is there still a valid argument
for building them explicitly?

David G. Schlecht | Information Technology Professional
State of Nevada | Department of Administration | Enterprise IT Services
T:(775)684-4328 | F: (775) 684‐4324 | E:dschle...@admin.nv.gov

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. Any review, dissemination or copying of this communication by anyone
other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of the original message.