VDEFINE errors are restricted to languages that use VDEFINE.

Rexx is not one of those. You are "probably" immune. I say probably
because I can't envisage a situation where you wouldn't be but then I'm
not all-seeing oracle.

For an assembler/PLI/COBOL routine the likely bad thing would be ISPV006.

LINENUM - It hasn't changed nor was an alternate value made available. And
it's 6-bytes not 4. Or maybe 7-bytes.
"For compatibility with previous releases of ISPF, a length of 6 or 7 is
allowed in cases where no data loss will occur." Weird.

I don't have any info about why LINENUM and ZSCROLLN are different in the
way they are.

-Hank