On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:25:54 +0530, venkat kulkarni wrote:

>Hello,
>                   On  newly installed z/OS 2.1 system we experiencing OMVS
>segment not defined issue
>
>$HASP373 EZAZSSI  STARTED
>ICH408I JOB(OSNMPD  ) STEP(OSNMPD  ) CL(PROCESS ) 807
>  OMVS SEGMENT NOT DEFINED
>
>etc...
>

>We already defined Steps for setting up default OMVS segments.
>
>http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.zos.r12.icha700%2Fdefomvs.htm

Hmmm... You appear to be reading the 1.12 documentation attempting to
configure a 2.1 system.  I have heard mumblings that the default OMVS
system is deprecated; near end-of-life.

In the corresponding 2.1 document:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.icha700/russ.htm

... I see no mention of a default OMVS segment.  Perhaps IBM finally got rid of
the wretched thing.

-- gil