I am in the process of setting up the ICC / OSC now, and I bet w/ all involved
here you would not get it done in  half a day,
I did do it elsewhere in a matter of hours like you stated, but not here, w/o
going into too much detail.
They threw in the 2 optica boxes to make the CPU sale
But no I did not change anything with the PRIZM set up, the OPTICA
Techs set them up preconfigured from IO gen info sent to them

We have multiple 3174's hung off the same CHPID as different CUADD's, seems we
are not having issues with the head of string ones.
The site you know of are they using multiple ? and on what op sys ?
We have VM, VSE, and Z/os LPARS

W dniu 2014-02-27 17:56, August Carideo/RYE/US pisze:
> Please skip all the comments about still using 3174's we are well aware,
> The question is, is anyone using Optica Prizm FICON to ESCON converters that
> have
> 3174's hooked to them ?
Yes. (Not me actually).
Wild guess: did you changed anything in PRIZM setup?

Just curious: why don't you simply define one OSA chpid as OSC and
connect some PCs as consoles?
I can bet I could manage it within half day. At the price (components
used) of fraction of PRIZM.

Regards

--
Radoslaw Skorupka