August,

I haven't worked with PRIZM boxes, but we did have OPTICA ESCON converters at
one time, I assume they work similarly.  I'm curious how you  are hanging
multiple 3174's off the same chpid.  Is there a director in the setup
somewhere?  As far as I remember ESCON 3174's don't support cuadd.  Or are
these Visara or something other than IBM 3174s?

Dana