On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 23:41:12 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>>And it was in an ISPSTART context;
>
>Then you're dealing with ISPF issues, not just REXX and TSO issues; it
>has nothing to do with what % allows. Try, at the command line,
>
>%rexx say arg(1); exit; '

Yes, but I never claimed it was "just REXX and TSO issues",
merely that there was a context in which EXEC worked but '%'
didn't.  And I was wishing for "EXEC *(MEMBER) ..." to avoid the
need to fully qualify the path.

And, yes, I'd also wish for more permissive ISPF syntax.  A
scheme for escaping metacharacters would go a long way.

-- gil