On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:34:05 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)  wrote:

>>I am not sure what LINKPGM would do for me.
>
>It would start the parameter with a halfword length field instead of
>passing the length as a separate parameter.

No, and no.  LINKMVS prefixes the programmer-supplied parameter
with a halfword length field and passes the result as a single parameter
to the called program.  LINKPGM passes the programmer-supplied
parameter as-is to the called program (of course, nothing prevents
the programmer's supplying a halfword length field), and passes
that to the called program as a single parameter.  Neither passes
the length as a separate parameter.  "Address LINK" is entirely
different; I am not sure what "address LINK" would do for me.

SYS1.SAMPLIB contains an ICSF sample using LINKPGM.

-- gil