I don't know about 2.11 but 2.12 works fine under FireFox 22 for me. I did
have to "tell" Firefox to accept the risk and allow popups from the HMC IP
address.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Ken Smith <featse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can confirm "operating system messages" doesn't work for me in Firefox
> (22) but does in IE 8.  The popup window doesn't pop under Firefox.  This
> is HMC 2.11 on a z/10.  All other pop ups work in Firefox.
>
> Unable to find any info on supported browsers.  If they support firefox
> this is a defect.
> Ken
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl
> >wrote:
>
> > W dniu 2014-04-07 14:40, John McKown pisze:
> >
> >> I've tried to access the "system messages" function on the HMC (z9BC)
> via
> >> the web interface using the I.E. , Chrome, and Firefox browsers. I can
> do
> >> everything on all of them _except_ for the "system messages" function;
> >> which I use as the z/OS console to IPL from home. This functions only
> >> works
> >> properly with I.E. (7.0.5730.13 to be exact).
> >>
> >> Does anybody use Chrome or Firefox with the "system messages" function
> on
> >> the HMC? Did you need to do anything special, such as enabling
> something?
> >> keep getting messages about an obsolete Java, but I dare not touch it
> >> because it is used for "critical management reporting" and that
> >> application
> >> requires this old version of Java (and we have no one competent enough
> in
> >> Java to fix it).
> >>
> >> I have HMC 2.9x (delivered with z9), as well as 2.10.x. Also used to
> have
> > 2.11 and 2.12.
> > All of them have problems with (not so) latest Java security updates.
> > However I can access every possible function/feature from Firefox. The
> > Firefox is current one, as well as Java, but I changed some Java default
> > settings. So, play with Control Panel - Java applet (Windows OS assumed).
> > One fo the features is possibility to add your HMC to "security exclusion
> > list".
> >
> > --
> > Radoslaw Skorupka
> > Lodz, Poland
> >

> > --
> > Treść tej wiadomości może zawierać informacje prawnie chronione Banku
> > przeznaczone wyłącznie do użytku służbowego adresata. Odbiorcą może być
> > jedynie jej adresat z wyłączeniem dostępu osób trzecich. Jeżeli nie
> jesteś
> > adresatem niniejszej wiadomości lub pracownikiem upoważnionym do jej
> > przekazania adresatowi, informujemy, że jej rozpowszechnianie,
> kopiowanie,
> > rozprowadzanie lub inne działanie o podobnym charakterze jest prawnie
> > zabronione i może być karalne. Jeżeli otrzymałeś tę wiadomość omyłkowo,
> > prosimy niezwłocznie zawiadomić nadawcę wysyłając odpowiedź oraz trwale
> > usunąć tę wiadomość włączając w to wszelkie jej kopie wydrukowane lub
> > zapisane na dysku.

> [...]

Keith Smith
Engineer-Enterprise Sys Sr.-IT Capacity & Performance
Shaw Industries Inc.
Subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway
616 E Walnut Ave
Mail Drop 072-04
Dalton, GA 30721
Email: keith.sm...@shawinc.com  Office: 706.532.3244

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not
responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of
this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of the company  or its subsidiaries.