Tom Marchant wrote:

>>... most installations (including us) use program protection to restrict
>>users of these utilities.

>Protecting AMASPZAP and ADRDSSU is, in my opinion, not a good way to protect
>data from them.

Agreed. Protect the resource (data), not the method (program).

If you still want to limit usage of programs and their functions beside program
protection, consider these too:
- For ADRDSSU the relevant STGADMIN.<whatever> profiles in RACF FACILITY class.
- DITTO for example has FACILITY class profiles for its functions.

Of course, protect your datasets + catalogs.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht