On 4/9/2014 2:49 PM, R.S. wrote:
IMHO remote access to the DASD box does not include access to data on
disks. Yes, CE can switch off the machine, but not access data.
Do you know any confirmed case where CE access to data was given with
remote (or even local) access?

While I can't speak to current controllers, I had a long discussion with the Hitachi C.E. about the capabilities. However, we never had a security breach, and had a policy of having a systems programmer watch C.E.s at work (running diagnostics).

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont