On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:43:06 -0700, Skip Robinson wrote:

>It's also helpful to set a PF key to 'SWAP NEXT'. That way you can rotate
>among open screens.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. Whatever works for you is great.
For me,
it is easier to use the mouse to double-click on the session that I want on the
swapbar.
Of course, I have my emulator set so that a double-click is ENTER at the mouse
position.
And my screen is set to 90 x 142, so losing the bottom line to the swapbar
isn't a big
deal for me. I think swapbar became available with z/OS 1.11.

I also have a key (shift F9, or F21) set to SWAP LIST. I use it mostly to start
a new
session with F21/Home/Enter. It behaves more like START than SPLIT NEW does. I
rarely
see the split line ("Always show split line" is disabled) because my split
screens are really
all full screen. SPLIT NEW creates a new split with the split line wherever the
cursor
happens to be, and that isn't my preference.

Lots of great suggestions in this thread. Use what you like and ignore the rest.

--
Tom Marchant