On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:43:28 +0300, Binyamin Dissen wrote:
>:
>:>OK.  I stand corrected.  PERMC appeared in z/OS 2.1; we have only 1.13.
>:>But that's reported in RESULT, which I failed to check; allocation messages
>:>go to the terminal; S99MSG is never set.
>
>I guess you will need to wait for 2.1. If not permanently concatenated the
>free will just split it.

OK.  We now have 2.1 available.  Works as you described.  Should I have been
able to extract this from, e.g., Authorized Assembler Services {Ref|Guide}?
It's pretty hard to learn stuff there unless you already know it.

But I'll need to tolerate <2.1 on test systems for some time now.  So, I have
(in my ISPF startup EXEC):

    RC =    BPXWDYN( 'concat permc ddlist('DDList') msg(WTP)' )
    if RC<>-22 then return( RC )
    return( BPXWDYN( 'concat       ddlist('DDList') msg(WTP)' ) )

On older systems it leaks TIOT(?) entries until I LOGOFF.   Our DYNAMNBR is
generous enough that that's hardly a problem unless I do a lot of jumping
in and out of ISPF.

Thanks,
gil