>Yes - this is probably the classic use case for AT-TLS.

Wouldn't this only encrypt the path from ip to ip. ip would decrypt and send
plain text to WebSphere?

I understand "application transparent" to say that the traffic is enctrypted
"on the wire" (only) without the help of applications. Am I mixing up things?

--
Peter Hunkeler

 Von:         Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> An:
IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Betreff: Re: AT-TLS question Datum: 01.05.14 19:38

On 1 May 2014 07:48, Jim McAlpine <jim.mcalp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have the need to encrypt messages sent from z/OS on a particular port to
> an application running under Webshere on Windows. The outgoing messages are
> HTTP protocol and they would need to be converted to the HTTPS that
> Websphere understands. Is that something that can be done with AT-TLS.

Yes - this is probably the classic use case for AT-TLS. You should
"simply" be able to configure Policy Agent so that all traffic from
your particular jobname and/or source or destination IP address is
forced to use TLS. If you don't require client authentication via
certificates (the normal case for a person sitting at a browser), then
things should be pretty straightforward once you catch on to the
gratuitously novel syntax of the Policy Agent configuration files.

Tony H.