>The z10 manuals on the HMC are available on IBM's "Resource Link". But you
need a IBM logon id to get to that site.

Yes, thanks for the manual. I have an earlier version and have an IBM ID for
resource link. I copied and pasted the pages 140 to 143 in an email and sent
them to the customer to see if he can get the system to load from the HMC using
the utility tape. I wonder if the IBM tech who told us that "no one here knows
how to IPL from a tape" has read that manual?

Karl