Donald -
I really don't understand this whole certificate thing. And only working
with them once every couple of years, I quickly forget what little bit I
learned.  However I was able to follow your logic about the certificates,
root and intermediate.  I added the intermediate cert and now I can connect
with TLS.  Still no joy trying to use AT-TTLS even with the corrected certs.

I give up on AT-TTLS.  I'll come back to it one day when I TLS no longer
works.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Donald J. <dona...@4email.net> wrote:

> A GSK trace is most likely needed.
> Did you ever resolve the intermediate certificate issue I mentioned on
> my May 8 message?
>
> Your ftp.s390.mainline.com server certificate is issued by the GoDaddy
> intermediate cert:
> Issuer: C=US, ST=Arizona, L=Scottsdale, O=GoDaddy.com, Inc.,
> OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository, CN=Go Daddy Secure
> Certification Authority/
> serialNumber=07969287
>
> The GoDaddy intermediate cert above is issued by the root cert :
> Issuer: C=US, O=The Go Daddy Group, Inc., OU=Go Daddy Class 2
> Certification Authority
>
> It appears you do not have the intermediate cert in the keyring at
> either end.  If you have 100 clients and 1 server, it would be easier to
> put in the one server keystore.   But you can probably put it in your
> z/OS client keystore instead.
>
> If you can't find it, you can download it from the 3rd cert
> (gd_intermediate.crt) on this page:
> https://certs.godaddy.com/anonymous/repository.pki
>
> --
>   Donald J.
>   dona...@4email.net
>

> > FC2903 authServerAttls: ioctl() failed on SIOCTTLSCTL - EDC8121I
> > Connection
> > reset. (errno2=0x77B17343)
> > EZA2897I Authentication negotiation
> > failed
> > EZA1534I *** Control connection with 10.6.0.10
> > dies.
> >
> > If I read this right the 7343 part of the errno2 says that it expected a
> > secure response, but it was sent clear text.
> > I've tried
> > SECUREIMPLICITZOS  both TRUE and FALSE - with true I don't see the 220-
> > messages, but still get the same error.
> >

> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent
Mainline’s positions or opinions

Mark D Pace
Senior Systems Engineer
Mainline Information Systems