Mystery solved.

It is Jobtrac that is changing the output class. We use class J for the sysout
capture class. This enables Jobtrac to keep an online history. We only specify
MSGCLASS for class J. Jobtrac also has a requeue class (5 in our case), after
the job is captured, it is requeued to class 5. The requirement for Jobtrac
sysout capture is the class must be held (class J). When it's requeued to class
5, it's retaining the held status until the $oq is issued. Sysout written
directly to class 5 goes to $avrs.

Thanks for the feedback....

Dean

Sent from my iPhone