I can't answer your question. Especially since I don't know what "various
ways" that you tried. But I did have a possible thought you might want to
try. I assume the zFS container is not "mounted" at some UNIX mount point.
So, how about doing trying this:

1) Rename zFS data set (CLUSTER & DATA) to a new name.
2) Allocate a new zFS data set with the old name (CLUSTER & DATA) name, but
with the proper DATACLAS to be extended. This is really just a VSAM LINEAR
data set.
3) REPRO from the old zFS data set to the new zFS data set.
4) try to mount the new zFS data set, which has the old name, at the proper
UNIX mount point.
5) Profit! (sorry, weird \. - slashdot.org - reference).

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> A large zFS data set was allocated w/o a dataclass. Now the data set is
> not extended format, so it cannot grow larger than 4GiB. I was looking into
> DFDSS COPYing or DUMP/RESTORE into a new extended format zFS data set.
>
> I tried various ways, but it seems DFDSS is not willing to copy or restore
> from non-extended format to extended format. Just to make sure I'm not
> missing an option that would allow this operation: Is there one?
>
> --
> Peter Hunkeler

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown