David,

Your suggestion worked.  I was missing the ) after the RECATALOG parm.

On Wed, 7/2/14, Jousma, David <david.jou...@53.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: IDCAMS QUESTION - RECATALOG
 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

 DEF NVSAM
            -

    (NAME(SYS1.VVDS.VPROM56)  -

      DEVT(3390)                    -

        VOL(PROM56)
        Recatalog ) -

    CATALOG(SYS1.ICFCAT.SYSPRM)

 Dave Jousma
 Assistant Vice
 President, Mainframe Engineering
 david.jou...@53.com
 1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD
 RSCB2H
 p 616.653.8429
 616.653.2717