> A less 'easy' alternative would be to introduce types, and
> associated instructions: GBLA32, GBLA64

Initial reaction: Ugh!

> Or, a PARM option to select 64-bit capability.  That would most readily
> support ASMADATA compatibility.

Exactly what I meant. Ideally two parms: allow 64-bit symbols and write new
ASMADATA format. It would be permissible to select 64-bit symbols with old
ASMADATA, resulting in a warning that some values in ASMADATA might be
truncated. Default to old format, with a documentation notice that in the next
release it would start defaulting to new format.

Charles