>   IKJ56644I NO VALID TSO USERID, DEFAULT USER ATTRIBUTES USED
>   IKJ55353I THE CONSPROF COMMAND HAS TERMINATED.+

> From what I have read in the FM and in the archives of this forum, I tend to
> conclude that there is no way to authorize an 8 character userid to use the
> TSO CONSOLE command, is there?
> Additional Q: Does anyone know where the "default attributes" mentioned in
> msgIKJ56644I are documented?

No, I don't think there is a way to define a valid 8 character TSO userid. If
you look at the description of IKJ56644I, you are refered to SYS1.UADS. A
userid is defined to sys1.uads using the TSO ACCOUNT command. The TSO/E
Administration book in chapter 2.1.2 'Selecting a userid' states that it can
only be 7 characters long. I imagine the rest of the default attributes are
described under the ACCOUNT command. I recently went through the account
command exercise when I changed to a different sys1.uads...

Barbara