On 25 Jul 2014 15:53:51 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Tom, c'mon - he was obviously being funny, and there's equally obviously
>some level of problem, based on the fact that the OP had looked, and others
>have echoed that it's not obvious (I couldn't find it trivially, either).
>

>Charles's other point-that the company aspect of SHARE might should be
>abolished-is an interesting one, which I'd never thought about, to be
>honest. I can't see the value any more, now that I think on't. The number of
>multi-attendee companies seems to be low (along with attendance in general).

The main reason for the company requirement is that the attendee is
theoretically voting on items of value to IBM customers and as
representatives of those customers.  When I joined as a company of 1
person, I had an IBM computer and may even have been running OS2 (this
was in the 1990's).

Clark Morris, head of the now dormant CFM Technical Programming
Services.