Hi,

I have a question on java versioning and maintenance levels on z/OS.  I have 2
different copies of Java 1.6.0 and am trying to decipher which is the more
current.  I've been under the assumption that the SRmFPn gave the maintenance
level, and that the higher the numbers, the more current the fix pack.  However
I have the following 2 levels of Java and don't know which is newer:

# ./java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pmz3160_26sr5fp2-20130423_01(SR5 FP2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.6, JRE 1.6.0 z/OS s390-31 20130419_145740 (JIT enabled, AOT
enabled)

# ./java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pmz3160sr13fp2-20130424_01(SR13 FP2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 z/OS s390-31
jvmmz3160sr13fp2-20130423_146146 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)

Based on the SR5 FP2 on the first one versus the SR13 FP2 on the second one, I
would take the second one as being newer maintenance level, but the first says
it is build 2.6 and the second is 2.4.  Can somebody explain the differences
please?  If explaining the differences consists of pointing me to a manual that
does the explanation that would be fine as well, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format.  Thank you.