Yes, I thought of Thin Interrupts, but considered them a bit new for a
first-pass answer of the question.

I'd be interested in knowing any early customer experiences with Thin
Interrupts, especially if response time numbers are being measured. (And
yes I read the IBM Thin Interrupts paper many months ago now.)

One other thing "container size" might come into play here:

You CAN'T have a CF in more than one Sysplex.
You CAN have a CF with structures from more than one e.g. DB2 Data Sharing
Group. Very frequently done. And I agree with Tim's comments on
orthogonality: Again, frequently observed.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: