Messing with the IPL linklst is inherently dangerous. Using SETPROG
...UPDATE(*) can hose your system into needing an IPL.
Updating active linklst datasets (after you get the enqueues out of the way)
can hose your system into needing an IPL.

Peter described the safest way, but he also warned it could hose your system
into needing an IPL.

I don't believe John Eells gave advice on active linklst manipulation.