>As far as other glitches, I posted a message yesterday about the absence of=
> IGYOP messages, and specifically IGYOP3091-W.  In further experimenting, w=
>e have discovered that it's not just that the message isn't being produced,=
> it's that the code that can never be executed is not being discarded as it=
> was in COBOL 4.2.  So, there's no message about it because the compiler is=
> no longer doing what it used to do.  We intend to open a PMR in the mornin=
>g and see what response that yields.=20

COBOL V5 optimization definitely removes unreachable code, but it is so
different from the V4 optimizer that it may report differently.  In fact,
in the early days (of developing COBOL V5) we were getting messages for
deleted code at OPT(0), which we have since corrected (we no longer delete
code at OPT(0))

The COBOL V3/V4 optimizer did not always report unreachable code deletion,
but we are interested in cases where V4 flagged it and V5 does not, so
please open PMRs if you find such cases!

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<