On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:24:38 -0400, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>Unfortunately, in the case of SMS, you have to write the message.
>It's rigged for silent running.

The sense of my desire is that things such as SMS should be re-rigged
so that they write the message, at least by default.

>PS: There a lot of people who hate verbose systems.

Such people can omit the option being overridden.  Perhaps there should
be a "-q" option on ALLOCATE: "If it doesn't work, don't tell me.  Before
consulting the help desk or IBM-MAIN, re-issue the command without
the '-q' option."

-- gil