My ACS routines report (to JESYSMSG) the results and a code to indicate the
place the final decision was made. It is my choice to do this reporting. When I
was more concerned about performance in ACS routines, I built some Rexx code to
add/remove this logging output.
I later found it wasn't worth the trouble to turn this logging off (and
MSGLEVEL=(0,0) is available also:)

But, I tend to the "there can't be too much available information" side of the
verbosity argument. Back when much actually printed on paper, I got more push
back than I do now.