On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:23:34 -0500, Victor Gil <victor....@broadridge.com>
wrote:

>Well, I have no experience with forking an address space, but how would the
>two communicate?  Usually, there is some sort of common shared storage which
>does require APF authorization to establish and cleanup.

In the UNIX paradigm (which you'd be using with functions like fork()) you
would commmunicate using sockets or file-descriptor-based I/O, I believe.
Running multiple address spaces is a very common UNIX approach, which z/OS as a
UNIX system supports, and which does not (necessarily) make use of
storage-based communication mechanisms. It can make use of them, though, and in
that case it would probably be of the flavor of UNIX shared-memory. Again, this
would not require APF as far as I know.

--
Walt