From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tidy, David (D)
Sent: 21 October, 2014 16:32
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on WRITE statements in ACS and Automation

Hi Lizette,

Just cleaning up some mails, and I came across this.

There is a message revision table in Netview that could be used. I have used it
in a temporary way when I issue a command from system automation that only
generates ouput in a joblog - in my case the revision table is:

UPON ( JOBNAME = 'DFSKERN' )
  REVISE("Y" AUTOMATE)

Then I activate a message table that triggers an exec to write each message it
sees from the jobname to a global variable stem (incrementing an index), and
asynchronously pick up the output later.

Of course in your case, the message table processing could be much simpler, and
permanent (I only do the set-up to retrieve the data I have triggered, and undo
it afterwards).

Best regards,
David Tidy
IS Technical Management/SAP-Mf                 Dow Benelux B.V.