I think I would need a WTO process for ACS code rather than a WRITE
statement.  Or in addition to a write statement.

So for those sections of ACS code I might want to have

IF &DSN = SYS1.**  Then
  Do
    Write Restricted HLQ &HLQ
    WTO  mymsgid  Job &JOB Tried to use &DSN
    EXIT
 END

I will see about crafting a share requirement if you think it might be
useful.  Or perhaps SNMP or MIB or API for other products.  But I think that
direction maybe a bigger performance hit.

I am sure IBM is going to warn against performance issues with something
like that.  So I would think a warning in using WTO might be appropriate.

Lizette