On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:29:56 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>I see in SYS1.MACLIB(RETURN):
>
>         OI    15(13),X'01'                      SET RETURN INDICATION
> 01600000

Yes, It is done after the registers are restored, and it is only if "T" is
specified
after the registers to be restored.

<quote>
,T
Causes the control program to flag the save area used by the called
program. The low-order bit of word 4 of the save area is set to 1
after the registers have been loaded; this designates that a called
program has executed a return to its caller. Do not specify this
parameter when returning control from an exit routine.
</quote>

I think that this is very old behavior. I doubt that the option is used much.

--
Tom Marchant