From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Alex Wang
Sent: Wednesday, 22 October 2014 12:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JCT is not available!

Hi folks,
I'm wondering if you guys met the message 'JCT is not available!'
on the up right hand side in SDSF panel before?

Recently, I tried to check a job log by entering 'S' in front of the job name
in SDSF.

However, the SDSF prevented me from browsing the job log by issuing a similar
message listed above.

I checked the manuals and found this explanation:

JCT NOT AVAILABLE

Explanation: Either the object has no job control table (JCT) or an error
occurred trying to process the JCT for the object.

User Response: Delete the command or type RESET on the command line.

I have two questions.
1. Under what circumstance, will the job have no job control table?
I'm thinking if we start a ST with SUB=MSTR, and the *MASTER* scheduler will
manage the starting of the ST. Then there may be no JCT of that ST.
Could you please share with me what's your opinion?

2. Is there any way/method to get the job log back? If my previous thinking is
right, could I stop the ST and start it again without SUB=MSTR?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!

WXD