Dear Friends,

   I've noticed on our z/OS V1R13 system that we do a "F
BPXOINIT,SHUTDOWN=xxxx" and it works!  However about z/OS V1R7 came a BPXPRMxx
parameter SYSPLEX(YES/NO).  We are a SYSPLEX=NO shop.  So when I enter "F
BPXOINIT,FILESYS=DISPLAY,FILESYSTEM=/TMP" I get an error: "BPXM106I UNIX SYSTEM
SERVICES WAS NOT STARTED IN SYSPLEX MODE".  I am looking for some help after
reading the books.  Perhaps the UID and OWNER information is only populated
with zFS ownership (rather that z/OS UNIX ownership) of filesystems.  I'd still
like to track down our /tmp users in a non-shared environment.  Supposedly /tmp
filled up the other day and we IPL'd.  UID=0 can report different USERIDs if
they are all UID=0.  It looks like OMVS USERIDS and TSO USERIDS also reported
differently.  And OWNERSHIP might change depending on whether or not you have
zFS Sysplex Sharing (SYSPLEX=YES).

Q).  It says "The Modify Function Cannot Be Performed".  Besides turning on
SYSPLEX=YES, how can I get BPXOINIT to do a FILESYS=DISPLAY?  Yes, I can work
with "D OMVS,F" for Filesystems, but the RedBook on z/OS V1R13 Implementation
shows that bpxoinit can tell me the UID and the OWNER.

  My OMVS display "d omvs,f,n=/tmp" shows:

   D OMVS,F,N=/TMP
BPXO045I 12.58.20 DISPLAY OMVS 697
OMVS     000E ACTIVE             OMVS=(00,FF,PC)
TYPENAME   DEVICE ----------STATUS----------- MODE  MOUNTED    LATCHES
TFS            11 ACTIVE                      RDWR  04/15/2014  L=23
  NAME=/TMP                                         19.06.21    Q=0
  PATH=/SYSTEM/tmp
  MOUNT PARM=-s 10

   Figure 15-27 in the RedBook on z/OS V1R13 Implementation shows more
information from the omvs command that what I am getting.  It shows UID=888 and
OWNER=SC74.

Q).  How can I get more information out of my "d omvs,f" command so I can see
the UIDs and OWNERs?

   My "fuser -cu /tmp" command shows many users of /tmp:

   <MNPB4U>fuser -cu /tmp
/SYSTEM/tmp: 8c(IBMUSER) 25c(RMFGAT) 50331938(IBMUSER) 33554852c(AUTO2)

   fuser says these are TSO USERIDs.  But when I enter "d omvs,u=IBMUSER" I get
back IBMUSER NOT FOUND.  With "ps -ef" I can see the PIDS with IBMUSER on them:
IBMUSER   50331938          1  -   Oct 21 ?         0:13 IMWHTTPD

Q).  How can IBMUSER have PID 50331938 that's using /tmp and not be found as an
OMVS USERID?

      Thank you,  Dave