Peter,

   I can get very confused reading the books.  This is from the V1R13 MVS
System Commands book for "D OMVS,U":

U=userid
Displays process information for all processes associated with the specified
TSO/E user ID. Use this operand when a user requests that a hung process be
canceled. You can display all processes owned by the user and find the
address space ID (ASID) of the process that needs to be canceled. Then use
the CANCEL command to cancel the address space.

  <MNPB4U>fuser -cu /tmp
/SYSTEM/tmp: 8c(IBMUSER) 25c(RMFGAT) 50331938(IBMUSER) 33554852c(AUTO2) 475(IBMU
SER)

So HEX PID 50331938 is DEC 1345526072

 D OMVS,PID=1345526072
BPXO042I 09.17.49 DISPLAY OMVS 889
OMVS     000E ACTIVE             OMVS=(00,FF,PB)
  1345526072 NOT FOUND

D OMVS,U=IBMUSER
BPXO042I 09.20.04 DISPLAY OMVS 090
OMVS     000E ACTIVE             OMVS=(00,FF,PB)
  IBMUSER NOT FOUND

D OMVS,PID=50331938
BPXO070I 09.28.55 DISPLAY OMVS 879
OMVS     000E ACTIVE             OMVS=(00,FF,PB)
USER     JOBNAME  ASID        PID       PPID STATE   START     CT_SECS
WEBNCSP  WEBNCSP  00D5   50331938          1 HK------ 06.50.27    32.7
  LATCHWAITPID=         0 CMD=IMWHTTPD
 THREAD_ID        TCB@     PRI_JOB  USERNAME   ACC_TIME SC  STATE
 25DF8D0000000000 00AFF208 OMVS                    .039 KIN  KU
 25E1250000000001 00AC6560 OMVS                    .110 ACP JF V

 I can look at what they are doing to get a guess of who it is.  Just hoping I
could learn more about the USERIDs from BPXOINIT that are filling up /tmp.  I
suppose I can start a batch shell process using the OMVS segment associated
with IBMUSER.  Would I show up as an "MVS USERID"?  Yup, When we move from
V1R13 to V1R2 the superuser stuff will change.  So far with the superuser
changes we have been getting hit with OWNERSHIP issues in regards to IBMUSER in
the filesystems.  I just find it interesting the OMVS DISPLAY can see the PID,
but not the USERID.  The shell knows about the PID and about IBMUSER (or some
UID=0 USER).

      Have a good weekend,  Dave