I have been reviewing various documents on how to size the Page Data Sets.

I was wondering if there are any guidelines on what can be used today.  This
should be kept to z/OS V1.12, 1.13 and 2.1 which I think will be the more
dominant operating systems in use right now.

I know that the number of Slots will drive what I allocate. So I am looking
for the following information.  I have not done this in many years so I am
very rusty.

1) How to calculate the number of slots per page datasets
        a)  I need to base this on 3390 Mod 3/9/27/54
2) What do I need to stay away from when determining where the page datasets
go
        a) For example, if I use a Mod27 and I need to place multiple page
datasets on the volume
                Should they all be for the same LPAR if in a PLEX
                Should they all be for unique LPARs if in a Plex
3) What are the maximum values I can create a page dataset?
        Can I use a whole Mod3/9/27/54 for ONE page dataset?

I have looked through Hot Flashes (Cheryl Watson) and MXG sourclib.  I have
run through some of the Redbooks and share presentations.

I am now looking for real life thoughts.  I also thought this would be a
good topic for the archives.

Thanks for any information

Lizette