On 26 November 2014 at 14:25, Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch> wrote:
> And, yes, I'm talking about the first sysout data set in any job; Seen as
> jeSMSGLG in the DDname column in SDSF.
>

> By header and footer I mean all the messages in this log that which do *not*
> have a message identifier.

There can be any number of messages in this log that have no message
identifiers. This log (mostly) captures WTO messages written by the
job in question, and there is no requirement that they all have
message IDs. Are you interested in the "meta" messages written by JESn
itself? Some of these have a timestamp and the JOBID to the left;
others do not. What are you trying to do?

Tony H.