Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>I didn't look at the I/O rate; just was mislead by the AWAITING(E2) thinking
>that there is something to be done before JES2 starts formatting. The message
>could be better.

Indeed. Raise a PMR for progress message, something like this 'Expanding <name
of object> - 10% completed.'.

>>I hope that while this formatting was going on that the systems were not hung
>>up and that they were running normally using the original extents while the
>>E2 system was formatting the new extent (but not yet using it).

Monitors like RMF or JES2MON (?) could tell you, but I prefer progress messages
or messages about changing rate of progress. Something like this 'Expanding 20%
complete. Now processing x bytes per second.'

>I didn't specificlly look for, but have not seen or heard of any problems
>while the space was being formatted. In summary, the expansion ran smooth.

Good. Better. Excellent! ;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht