Since moving to z/OS 1.13, my DFHSM BCDS seems to be issuing the
ARC0909E BCDS  CONTROL DATA SET IS ABOUT 091% FULL
Message with greater frequency. I have automation in place to reorg it when the
message occurs, but it used to trigger about once a year and now seems to
trigger almost monthly.
I run three consecutive EXPIREBV commands weekly.
My BCDS is currently using an entire Mod-3 non-SMS disk. I don't like to put
HSM xCDS in SMS pools. Ancient burns.
I do have bigger volumes, and will likely move it. But, will still want to
avoid the need for any SMS Extended stuff for now.
I was wondering if there is a known change to DFHSM that would explain this
change of behavior?

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University